Update in the search for missing 74 years old John Nuttall

It is now a calendar week since Mr. John Nuttall was last seen by his family at his home at Wilson Fold Farm, High Rid, Lostock, at midnight on Sunday 1st July.

Mr Nuttall’s blue Ford Focus was found abandoned on the morning of Monday 2nd July, on Foxholes Road just off Georges Lane, Horwich. A witness reported seeing a man answering Mr Nuttall’s description at around 7am on the same morning his car was found abandoned, in the same location as the car.

There is also a possible sighting of Mr Nuttall around 9.15am on the morning of Monday 2nd July, near to the junction of Moss Bank Way with Old Kiln Lane, opposite Doffcocker Lodge.

Despite a huge search operation throughout the Monday and the following two days, involving our Team, other Search and Rescue Teams and considerable Police resources including the Police Air Support Unit helicopter on two seperate days, aided by family members throughout, the search so far has drawn a complete blank (see our Incident reports 106, 107 and 108).

Police enquiries and continuing search efforts have been maintained, with the Police Underwater Search Unit and specialist Police Dog units active today in the High Rid and Doffcocker areas.

Mr Nuttall’s family have carried out an extensive leaflet campaign in the Horwich, Lostock and Doffcocker areas appealing for any information as to the whereabouts of Mr Nuttall. There have also been appeals in the Manchester Evening News, The Bolton News and we understand on the radio and television.

Mr Nuttall is 5ft 8in tall, aged 74yrs, of slim build with grey receding hair, and usually wears glasses. At the time he went missing it is believed that he was wearing beige corduroy trousers, and a blue and white checked shirt, he may have had a jacket with him.

At the time he went missing and at the time of the possible reported sightings the weather conditions in this part of Bolton were bad with very heavy rain showers.

If anybody thinks they may have seen Mr Nuttall on the morning of Monday 2nd July, they are asked to contact Greater Manchester Police on 0161 856 5740 or 0161 872 5050.