Jul 30 2008
Due to some recent membership losses from our Call Out list membership, the team has a small number of membership vacancies it wishes to fill as soon as possible.
If you are interested then please apply on line using the on line initial membership application form available within the membership area of this website.
Please note membership enquiries WILL NOT be answered unless accompanied by our on line correctly filled in form, if you do not have access to this then please write ASAP to the contact address for the team in our ’Contact’ section, accessed above.
If from the information you supply you are considered initially suitable then you will be invited to the next weekly Wednesday evening training session.
If considered suitable beyond this you will be asked to complete our comprehensive membership application form. This will be given to you on the Wednesday night exercise as it is not availalble on line.
If the details you submit on this comprehensive membership application form then match our current recruitment needs and criteria, you will be invited to join immediately as a probationery team member for a short period, leading to trainee team membership if considered suitable.
We will only accept male or female recruits from a proven experienced hill walking and / or climbing and / or mountaineering background, we would also look favourably upon those colleagues retired or currently serving in other Emergency Services, but they must still be able to meet our attendance requirements.
Our minimum age for recruitment is 18yrs old, as regards our upper age limit, well we have a small number of very active call out list members in their early 60s.
There are more details on what is required within the membership section of this website, again accessed above.
- It is a membership requirement within reason to be able to attend all weekly Wednesday evening training sessions.
- There are also very regular weekend fundraising commitments, some additional training events and standby rescue covers.
- On the working week, there are opportunities to attend lectures to interested parties about the work of the team.
- The requirement to attend emergency call outs is of course paramount and our reason for being, therefore if you have other commitments which may conflict with this requirement please consider very carefully if you can still commit to the team.
- Team issue clothing is only given out to new members after a minimum six month long period of team membership, so any prospective team member must have a full set of standard outdoor clothing.
- Prospective members must have access to a motorised vehicle. Members may be required to travel directly to incidents anywhere in the team area.
All interested persons are advised to read through our ’News’ section to obtain some idea of what being in the team is all about before rushing into making a membership application.
The recruitment pages of our website will only remain open until such time that our limited number of vacancies are filled, so if interested act now as delay may disappoint.