Aug Monday 29 2011
Today two Team Land Rover vehicles (BM1 and BM2) and seven members attended GMFRS Irlam Fire Station Open Day.
The open day offered a range of attractions and displays for visitors. The station ‘yard’ was used to display a host of fire fighting, rescue and support vehicles and equipment, including:
- GMFRS Urban Search and Rescue (USAR) vehicle
- GMFRS Fire Service Search and Rescue Dog Unit
- GMFRS Kitchen Fire Safety Unit
- British Red Cross Fire Emergency Support Service (FESS) vehicle
- GMFRS Water Rescue Unit
- GMFRS Enhanced Rescue Unit
- GMFRS Fire appliances, including the Stretford’ Fire Station based Aerial Ladder Platform appliance
- GMFRS Fire Service – Museum Vehicle (Dennis Turntable Ladder Escape Appliance)
Indoor displays by various groups including Fire Service Benevolent Societies, fire and safety information and Community First Responders.
Monies raised during the day benefitted The Fire Fighters Charity.
The day started and finished in the rain, with rain in the middle too. The Team, although equipped for inclement weather was grateful for the offer and use of a space in the vehicle bay to display equipment. The team members present were pleased to talk to visitors of all ages and fire fighters and those staffing the other attractions.
The team would like to thank GMFRS for the kind invitation to support the event and the hospitality of the GMFRS, including tea and toast at the start of the day.