Apr 22 2012
With some recent membership losses in our Support Group due to members moving away from the team area and changing employment circumstances’ our Support Group is actively seeking some new recruits.
If you are interested in becoming a Support Group member, the following information will be of help:
Our Support Group members help by lending support to the operational ‘Call Out List’ membership on a wide range of team activities and events.
Meetings are held on the third Thursday of every month, excepting December, at 7.30pm at our Ladybridge Hall Base / HQ, Chorley New Road, Bolton.
Beyond the monthly meetings, Support Group members commit whatever time they have available to support the work of Bolton Mountain Rescue Team.
Although our Support Group helps with fundraising, it also helps the team in a great many other ways.
The following are just some examples of how the Support Group assists the work of operational team members
- Providing exercise casualties for our Wednesday evening team training sessions.
- Providing exercise casualties for our Tuesday evening and Sunday morning Search Dog training exercises.
- Assisting the Call Out list membership on Team Vehicle and Equipment demonstration days and events.
- Assisting the Call Out list membership with our ’last Sunday in every month’ vehicle, trailers and Base / HQ valet sessions.
- Supporting the team by assisting at Team Collection Days, ie Supermarkets and Village Fetes.
- Helping with the regular emptying and checking of our numerous Collection Boxes out in the community.
- Providing catering (based upon our fully equipped Catering Trailer) on larger team exercises and operational call outs, particularly search incidents.
- Providing help with catering on the annual Mountain Rescue Foundation Course weekend in mid October, hosted by the Bolton MRT.
- Providing support and help to Call Out list members at evening lectures and presentations on the work of the team.
- Providing help and support to Call Out list members at Base / HQ Open Days.
- Assisting with occasional decorating tasks and building maintenance tasks at our Ladybridge Hall Base / HQ.
Support Group members are fully covered by the team’s insurances, and are issued with a Team Support Group sweatshirt, carrying the teams logo, and a KEELA Odin lightweight waterproof jacket, again bearing the teams logo, both in the same colour as the Call Out memberships clothing.
Support Group membership involves a yearly £12.00 subscription, with all members receiving on line the teams Training Exercises and Events Programme, contact listings and Incident details.
If you are interested in joining our Support Group and helping the valuable work of the Bolton Mountain Rescue Team, then please reply by email to our Secretary@boltonmrt.org.uk or apply in writing to Team Leader, Garry Rhodes MBE, Bolton Mountain Rescue Team, 38 Heathfield Drive, Tyldesley, Manchester, M29 8PW. Please give a contact address and telephone contact details in any reply.