Jun 25 2012
Team Leader attends planning meeting for Friday 6th July 2012, Manchester “Safe and Secure” event, Albert Square, Manchester Town Hall, Manchester
This morning our Team Leader Garry Rhodes MBE attended a planning meeting for the forthcoming Manchester ‘Safe and Secure’ event being held within the fantastic setting of Albert Square fronting the beautiful Manchester Town Hall on Friday 6th July 2012, from 10.00hrs until 16.00hrs.
The day is designed to showcase all the emergency services and organisations that work in close liaison and co-operation when responding to emergency incidents in Manchester and the surrounding areas, giving an overall message of reassurance to the public.
The meeting this morning, deep within the confines of Manchester Town Hall, aptly held within their Emergency Control Centre, saw representatives of all the organisations and agencies who will be attending on the day, present to discuss final arrangements.
At the time of reporting the following services and organisations will be on display, a veritable who’s who from all involved in statutory and voluntary emergency response within Manchester and its environs;
(Please note although all the following are expected on the day, operational considerations may mean some assets are otherwise deployed on emergencies)
- Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service; USAR Appliance, Pump Ladder Appliances, Aerial Platform, Water Incident Unit and integral Boat, Small Incident Unit appliance, USAR / Fire Investigation Dog Unit and Handler Mick Dewar, public safety information trailer units and a vintage fire Engine from the GMFRS Museum Collection.
- Greater Manchester Police and GMP PCSOs; Crime Prevention Unit and Tactical Aid Unit Vehicle.
- North West Ambulance Service; HART Team Communications Vehicle and HART Team Public Support Unit.
- Bolton Mountain Rescue Team; Two Land Rover Mountain Rescue Ambulance vehicles, SAR Boat, Control Trailer, search and rescue equipment demonstration and Mountain Rescue Search Dog / Trailing Dog Team, Handler Steve Nelson and Search Dog Boris.
- Blood Donation Service; Emergency Vehicle.
- Environment Agency; Specialist vehicles and display material.
- United Utilities; Specialist Incident Unit and ‘Unimog’ vehicles and display material.
- Salvation Army; Mobile Emergency Catering Unit vehicle.
- RAYNET; Forward Control Vehicle.
- Manchester City Council; Public / Community Safety displays and Business Continuity Forums.
On hand during the day will be staff from all the services and organisations present, ready to answer any questions put to them by the very large number of the members of the public expected to visit the event.
Make a date in your diary now for Friday 6th July 2012, Albert Square, Manchester.