Mar 27 2013
This evening the team formally welcomed eight new Trainee Call Out list members into the team.
All eight had originally joined our October 2012 Team membership recruitment session, and were taken on as ‘Probationary Team members,’ for the time since.
Having completed a large number of ‘Probationary membership’ tasks, they are now embarking on a twelve month long period with the team as ‘Trainee Call Out list members,’ prior to being accepted as ‘Full Team Call Out list members.’
Next week all eight will have a specific training session during our Wednesday evening weekly meeting when they will be briefed as to what to expect over the next twelve months, and will also be equipped with a team issue pager.
May we formally introduce to you our readership, the following new ‘Trainees,’
- Jess Ellsmore, a 19 year old student from Standish.
- Michael Wakerley, aged 29 from Farnworth, an Administrator.
- Michael Eddleston, aged 47, a GMP Police Inspector from Astley Bridge, Bolton.
- Mark Jeffrey, a 23 year old Foundation Doctor at Royal Bolton Hospital, from Salford.
- Richard Moss, aged 29, from Halliwell, a Doctor (GP Trainee) at Royal Bolton Hospital.
- Martin Battersby, aged 62, from Boothstown, a Sales Manager.
- Chris Weatherhead, a 32 year old from Hindley Green, in Internet Marketing.
- Ashley Kelshaw, 30 years old, from Tyldesley, a Company Director.
The team extends its warmest welcome to all, here’s to the next twelve months being a success.
All eight, along with MRT ‘Trainee’ colleagues from Rossendale and Pendle MRT and North East Wales Search and Rescue Team, will be attending the October 11th to 13th 2013 residential ‘Joint Foundation Course in Mountain Rescue’ weekend, at Bibby’s Farm, Limbrick, hosted, organised and facilitated by Bolton MRT.