Jun Monday 3 2013
Team introduces in to full operational service our latest vehicle; BM6 our brand new Incident Control Vehicle
This evening, after commissioning works which had started immediately after delivery from Coleman Milne on Thursday evening, 30th May, through Friday, Saturday, Sunday and all day today, at 19.47hrs this evening we announced to all our membership that our brand new state of the art, specialist coach built ‘Incident Control Vehicle’ was now fully operational within the Bolton MRT.
Volkswagen Crafter CR35 LWB MJ13UHT Radio Call Sign ‘Bolton Mobile 6,’ now joins our five other team vehicles, in enabling us to provide an excellent voluntary search and rescue service to the local community we serve.
The contribution of Coleman Milne to the successful completion of this vehicle cannot be stressed enough, alongside the support of Volkswagen UK and their local dealership.
Our current vehicle fleet now stands at six operational vehicles;
- PX60EAC Land Rover Defender 110 TD Mountain Rescue Ambulance, Call sign Bolton Mobile 1, named ‘Tony McNally II.’
- PX60EAA Land Rover Defender 110 TD Mountain Rescue Ambulance, Call sign Bolton Mobile 2, named ‘The Mark Mason.’
- PX60EAE Land Rover Defender 110 TD Mountain Rescue Ambulance, Call sign Bolton Mobile 3, named ‘Miss Ellen Sykes ‘Nellie.’
- MV03KYE Land Rover Defender 110 TD5 Mountain Rescue Ambulance, Call sign Bolton Mobile 4, named ‘Jim Fletcher BEM.’
- MT02BFU Ford Transit Minibus Ambulance, Call sign Bolton Mobile 5.
- MJ13UHT Volkswagen Crafter CR35 Panel Van LWB TDI 163 PS Incident Control Vehicle, Call sign Bolton Mobile 6, named ‘Mrs Jennie Hoey.’
Additionally our Bolton Mobiles 1,2,3, all carry the titling ‘Sponsored by the East Lancashire Mark Masons’ on each side of their bonnet lines.
The Bolton MRT also operates a 3.5 metre long semi rigid inflatable SAR Boat, dedicated to the Edgworth Real Ale Festival Committee membership.
Please also see website ‘News’ reports dated 2nd June, 30th May, 10th May, 8th May, 26th April, 12th April, 19th March, 26th February and 29th January 2013.