Jun Wednesday 12 2013
To all our readers we can officially confirm today the date of this years Greater Manchester Emergency Services (Third) Annual Open Day, at the great venue yet again of the Trafford Centre, Manchester, between 10.00hrs and 17.00hrs on Thursday 8th August 2013.
Ben Levy, GMFRS Station Commander at Stretford Fire Station, organiser of the 2011, 2012 and this years event, reports that; “Last year saw in excess of 140 displays made up of emergency vehicles, vintage appliances, demonstrations and displays. We estimated that the event was attended by over 5000 people. I believe that this is one of the largest (if not THE largest) free event of its kind in the country.”
As with the previous two years we will be displaying all four of our Land Rover Ambulance vehicles at this fantastic event, our Minibus / Crewbus Ambulance and our SAR Boat along with exhibition material relating to the work of the team.
We will also have on show our brand new VW Crafter Incident Control Vehicle, ‘BM6,’ and our brand new ‘Exhibition Marquee’ tent, carrying the teams logo.
Please make a date in your diaries to come along and visit this event, there really is a lot to see and take part in, with items to interest all, from the young to the old, it’s a great family day out and what’s more it is completely free.
There is a specific webpage for this event hosted by GMFRS, at www.manchesterfire.gov.uk/999day GMFRS will update this webpage as it gets even closer to the event.
GMFRS will also be hosting a ‘Virtual 999 day via Twitter #999Day.
The event will also be featured on the Trafford Centre’s webpage and within their ‘What’s On’ guide available to shoppers in the Mall.
For a report on last years event and the 2011 event please view the entry pages on our website for 22nd August 2012 and 10th August 2011. The below is a listing of all present at the 2012 Open Day, all of who are likely to be attending thus year as well.
- GMFRS Urban Search and Rescue Vehicles
- Greater Manchester Fire Service Museum – Vintage Fire Appliances
- RSPCA Swiftwater Rescue Team
- Bolton Mountain Rescue Team
- Rossendale and Pendle Mountain Rescue Team
- Greater Manchester Police Museum
- PC-UK – Vintage Police Vehicles
- British Red Cross Fire Emergency Support Service
- GMFRS Fire Scene Investigation Team
- GMFRS Fire Scene Investigation / Urban Search and Rescue Canine Unit
- Greater Manchester Police Road Safety Trailer
- GMFRS Water Incident Unit
- GMFRS Foam Unit
- GMFRS Environmental Protection Unit
- GMFRS Enhanced Rescue Unit
- GMFRS Operational Support Unit
- GMFRS Incident Command Unit
- GMFRS Small Incident Unit
- St. John Ambulance Service
- GMFRS Pinzgauer 6×6 All Terrain Rescue Vehicle
- North West Air Ambulance
- Children’s Air Ambulance
- Greater Manchester Police Authority
- North West Underwater Search & Marine Unit
- North West Blood Bikes
- ANGLOCO Fire engine and apparatus manufacturer
- GMFRS Hydraulic Platform Vehicle
- GMFRS High Volume Pump
- Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service Children & Young People Department
- GMFRS Community Fire Cadets
- Youth United
- Firefighter’s Charity
- GMP Motorway Patrol Vehicle
- GMP Police Motorcycles
- GMP Automatic Number Plate Recognition Vehicles
- GMP Police Interceptor Vehicles
- GMP Covert Police Units
- North West Regional Air Operations Group (Police) GMP Air Support Unit – Helicopter, which did a ‘fly by’
- GMP Police Specialist Tactical Response Vehicles
- Salvation Army Catering Unit
- North West Ambulance Service
- Greater Manchester Casualty Reduction Partnership
- Royal National Lifeboat Institution
- United Utilities
- NHS Blood and Transplant Service
- GMFRS Fire Bikes
- City Airport Manchester & Heliport (Barton) Fire and Rescue Team
- Institute of Advanced Motorists