Jul 1 2013
Bolton MRT Support Group actively seeking new recruits, apply now if you would like to support the work of the Bolton MRT in your local community
Our Support Group is now actively seeking new members:
Our Support Group members help by lending support to the operational ’Call Out List’ membership on a wide range of activities and events.
Our Support Group currently meets on the third Thursday of every month at 7.30pm at our Ladybridge Hall Base / HQ.
The time commitment is whatever you can offer, with membership open to all with an interest in supporting the work of the active team membership.
In essence the Support Group which is not just a fund raising group, helps the team in a great many ways, including;
- Providing exercise casualties for our Wednesday evening team training sessions.
- Providing exercise casualties for our Graded and Trainee Search Dog training exercises.
- Assisting the Call Out list membership on Team Vehicle and Equipment demonstration days and events.
- Assisting the Call Out list membership with our ’last Sunday in every month’ vehicle, trailers and Base / HQ valet sessions.
- Supporting the team by assisting at Team Collection Days, ie Supermarkets and Village Fetes.
- Helping with the regular emptying and checking of our numerous Collection Boxes out in the community.
- Providing catering (based upon our fully equipped Catering Trailer) on larger team exercises and operational call outs, particularly search incidents.
- Providing help with catering on the annual Mountain Rescue Foundation Course weekend in mid October, hosted by the Bolton MRT.
- Providing support and help to Call Out list members at evening lectures and presentations on the work of the team.
- Providing help and support to Call Out list members at Base / HQ Open Days.
- Assisting with occasional decorating tasks and building maintenance tasks at our Ladybridge Hall Base / HQ.
Support Group members are covered by the team’s insurances, and are issued with a Team Support Group Sweatshirt, carrying the team’s logo, and a Keela Odin lightweight waterproof jacket, both are the same colours as the Call Out list membership’s clothing.
Support Group membership of the team involves a yearly subscription of £5.00, with all members being supplied with regular copies of the Team’s Training and Events Programme, contact listings and regular Incidents listings.
If you feel you would like to join and contribute to the valued work of our Support Group please email Support Group member / Team Secretary, Gillian Gregory firstname.lastname@example.org