Jul Wednesday 29 2015
Only a week left to go before the 2015 Greater Manchester Emergency Services Open Day on Thursday 6th August 2015 at the intu Trafford Centre
Now larger than ever, this years fifth Greater Manchester Emergency Services Open Day is taking place next Thursday 6th August at its usual venue of the intu Trafford Centre, Manchester.
We’ve been attending at every one of the previous four events, and we will have all our vehicles on show as per previous years.
The day is completely free, with over 165 displays planned, featuring a huge range of vehicles, shows, demonstrations and displays from GMFRS, NWAS, GMP, BMRT and other emergency and voluntary sector organisations working within Greater Manchester to serve our local communities in times of need.
The event officially opens at 10am, closing at 4pm, and is located within the car parks close to the Food Hall Entrance at the intu Trafford Centre, Manchester, M17 8AA.
There’s ample free car parking all around the display area, so why not combine your days shopping experience with a look around this fantastic event.
There will be a lot to see, and what’s more for the young and old alike, there is the chance to sit inside many of the vehicles on display, and try out some of the wide range of equipment on show.
Operational and Support staff from all organisations attending will be on hand to answer questions or enlighten visitors with how their service integrates with others at incidents.
Bolton MRT will be in the ‘mountain rescue zone,’ where our operational and Support group members will be on hand, alongside our Land Rover Defender Mountain Rescue Ambulances, our Crewbus / Ambulance, Incident Control vehicle and our SAR Boat, plus the wide range of search and rescue equipment we carry also being on display.
There will be a range of live displays throughout the day from the many exhibitors present, including Road Traffic Collision, Kitchen Safety, Domestic Sprinklers, and GMFRS Cadet Unit demonstrations.
Here’s an idea of what you may be able to see this year, based upon previous years attendees and invites:
- Automatic Number Plate Recognition Vehicles
- BoltonICD Support Group
- British Heart Foundation
- British Red Cross, including their Fire Emergency Support Service vehicle, Emergency Response Ambulance and Incident Command Unit.
- GMFRS Children’s Fire Engine
- City Airport & Heliport Manchester (Barton) Airport Fire and Rescue Team Appliance.
- GMFRS Community Fire Cadets
- GMFRS Community Fire Cadets Drill Demonstration
- GMFRS Community Safety Events Unit
- GMP Covert Police Units
- Driving Simulator
- Electricity North West
- GMFRS Enhanced Rescue Unit
- GMFRS Environmental Protection Unit
- British Red Cross Fire Emergency Support Service
- GMFRS Fire Scene Investigation / Urban Search and Rescue Canine Unit
- GMFRS Fire Scene Investigation Team
- Greater Manchester Fire Service Museum – Vintage Fire Appliances
- GMFRS FireBug All-Terrain Vehicle
- Fire Fighter’s Charity
- GMFRS Foam Unit
- GMFRS Fire Bikes
- Greater Manchester Casualty Reduction Partnership
- Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service Children & Young People Department
- Greater Manchester Police Authority
- Greater Manchester Police Museum
- Greater Manchester Police Road Safety Trailer
- Highways England
- GMFRS Hydraulic Platform Vehicle
- GMFRS Incident Command Unit
- Institute of Advanced Motorists
- GMFRS Kitchen Fire Safety Unit – Chip Pan Awareness
- GMFRS Live Fire Sprinkler Demonstrations
- GMFRS Major Rescue Unit
- GMP Motorway Patrol Vehicles
- Mountain Rescue Zone, featuring Bolton Mountain Rescue Team.
- NHS Blood and Transplant
- North West Air Ambulance Charity
- North West Ambulance Service
- North West Ambulance Service Hazardous Area Response Team
- North West Blood Bikes
- NW Police Search and Underwater Marine Unit
- GMFRS Operational Support Unit
- PC-UK – Vintage Police Vehicles
- GMFRS Pinzgauer 6×6 All Terrain Rescue Vehicle
- GMP Police Interceptor Vehicles
- GMP Police Motorcycles
- GMP Police Specialist Tactical Response Vehicles
- GMP Police Zone
- GMP Road Safety Zone
- Road Traffic Collision Demonstration
- Royal National Lifeboat Institution
- RSPCA Rope/Swiftwater Rescue Team
- St. John Ambulance
- GMFRS Small Incident Unit
- GMFRS Technical Response Unit
- GMFRS Urban Search and Rescue Vehicles
- GMFRS Water Incident Unit
So, please come along, bring the family and join us for day: we are your emergency services and we’ll be there to meet you.
Directions to the event and details on access by public transport can be found on the Trafford Centre’s website.