Incident 65/2015 – Bolton MRT provides Mountain Rescue Trailing Search Dog Support to search involving Peak District MRTs

Given that our Trailing Dog Handler Steve Nelson, Elaine his usual navigator, and Boris (yes he went as well) had only just returned from a months mountaineering holiday in the Alps, and almost straight away gone on to the search yesterday at Moses Gate (Incident 63) there was no let up today for all three,  as they were requested to assist at a search involving a great many Peak District MRTs.

They left their Harwood, Bolton home at 07.30hrs this morning to journey to the Rivelin valley, to join in with the on going search for a missing 86 year old male.

Following their search deployment, and the subsequent finding of the missing man, by 11.50hrs they were relaxing at the conclusion of their search involvement.

The following is an account of this search from the website of Edale MRT; dated 15th August 2015;

“The team were called by South Yorkshire Police to search for a missing vulnerable male from a residential home in Rivelin near Sheffield. An extensive search was made of the immediate area by Police, Fire and Rescue and Mountain Rescue. At first light Woodhead and Glossop Mountain Rescue Teams joined the search. The gentleman was located the following morning by a Police Dog handler in nearby woodland. “

The following is an account of this incident as featured within the Facebook messages from Woodhead MRT dated 16th August 2015;

“At 4:20am this morning the pagers and mobile phone started to sound throughout the Woodhead Team to search for a missing elderly male in the Rivelin area. Edale Mountain Rescue Team had been on this search the night before with no luck in locating the missing person. Woodhead and Glossop Mountain Rescue Team searched very difficult terrain of over grown foliage along with South Yorkshire Police and Search And Rescue Dog Association England dogs from Kinder Mountain Rescue Team and Bowland Pennine Mountain Rescue Team (BPMRT).

The casualty was found around 10:20am safe and well by a police dog handler. After being checked over by mountain rescue medics and paramedics he was carried by stretcher to the waiting ambulance.

Fantastic multi team and multi organisation search resulting in a great outcome. Well done to all! “