MPSRO request for specialist assistance to the unfolding flooding incidents in Cumbria

This afternoon, our Team Leader Garry Rhodes MBE, and Deputy Team Leader Chris Greenhalgh, were helped by Team Call Out Contacts Mike Marsh, Steve Fletcher and our Training Officer Alistair Greenough, to answer a Lake District ‘Silver’ request for specialist assistance at 12.52hrs from MPSRO teams to our colleagues in LDSAMRA (Lake District Search and Mountain Rescue Association) who were dealing with and responding to the flooding events throughout Cumbria.

Our Deputy Team Leader Chris Greenhalgh liaised with Mick Smith of Calder Valley SRT, who was co-ordinating the MPSRO response, whilst our Team Leader Garry Rhodes MBE received related calls and liaised with Kev Garvey of Rossendale and Pendle MRT about this response.

Our Team Leader Garry Rhodes MBE also dealt with a call during this time, from a former team member, now a United Utilities Ranger, who was involved in a search assistance call to a family party in the Turton and Entwistle Reservoir area, regards a missing member of their family.

The requirements of the LDSAMRA call meant we did not deploy, with colleagues from CVSRT and BPMRT amongst others from the Peak District Mountain Rescue Organisation we understand deploying to this major incident(Please refer to their social media sites for further details of their involvement)

The ‘search’ at Turton and Entwistle Reservoir did not manifest in a team call out or further involvement from the team.

Both these items are recorded here for the information and interest of our supporters, and do not feature in our incident listings.

Later this same evening, (Saturday 5th December) at 22.39hrs the team was contacted at and then confirmed to be called out at 00.28hrs on Sunday 6th December, by Lancashire Constabulary / Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service to respond to the major incident / flooding incident in Lancaster, Lancashire.

This is reported under Incident 90, Sunday 6th December 2015, within our website, and involved a full Bolton MRT call out with all our assets and twenty team operational members, with the team returning back home with our completion in this incident at 10.58hrs on the morning of Sunday 6th December 2015.