Dec 24 2015
Team Recruitment for Trainee Operational Membership – nine days since we opened for recruitment and we already have a number of positive enquiries
On Tuesday 15th December 2015, we opened our latest recruitment drive for those interested in joining the operational membership of the Bolton Mountain Rescue Team (please click here for a direct link to the report published on Tuesday 15th December 2015)
Already we have had a number of enquiries, nine of which have already completed our on line initial application form and will soon be receiving further information via email.
These nine are;
- A 62 year old male Bank Worker, from Atherton (Currently just having joined our Support Group)
- Husband and wife, 46 years old Project Manager and 38 years old Trauma Nurse, from Westhoughton.
- A 36 year old male Recruitment Manager from Whitefield.
- 23 year old female Supervisor from Darwen.
- A male Management Accounts Assistant, aged 24, from Manchester.
- 21 year old female Private Ambulance Attendant from Orrell, Wigan.
- A 56 year old male Counsellor and former GMP Officer, from Kearsley (Currently a member of our Support Group)
- 35 year old, male Personal Trainer, from Abram, Wigan.
We have also had four previous recent membership enquiries;
- From a male NWAS Paramedic, and a male HGV Tanker driver, both having already attended some team Wednesday evening training exercises to gain an understanding of the team, with one of the two having undertaken a hillcraft and moorland navigation assessment afternoon with the team.
- The other two enquiries relate to a very long experienced male member of a colleague MRT in Cumbria, now moved down to this area, and a female Accident and Emergency Nurse.
All the above have indicated previous experience within the hills and mountains, as walkers, climbers, mountaineers and other outdoor interests.
All interested parties are invited to submit their on line initial application form soonest.
Interested applicants are advised to gain an insight in to the day to day affairs of the team by viewing our daily website ‘News’ features, which will give an idea of the commitment and dedication required to be an operational team member.