Thank you for visiting our Bolton Mountain Rescue Team Website.
Please read these terms and conditions (“Terms”) carefully before using this site.
If you don’t accept these Terms please don’t use this site. If you use the website you will be bound by these Terms and they will form a contract between you and us. Our Privacy and Security Statement also forms part of these Terms and should be read also.
- Who are we
This is the website of Bolton Mountain Rescue Team, a charity registered in England & Wales, charity number 517454, whose Base/HQ is at Ladybridge Hall, Chorley New Road, Bolton BL1 5DD. References in these Terms to ‘we’ or ‘us’ are to Bolton Mountain Rescue Team.
- We may change these Terms at any time, in which case the amended Terms will be posted on the site and will apply from the date we post them. Please check these Terms on each occasion you use the site. If you continue to use the site you will be bound by the latest Terms.
- The format and content of the site changes constantly. You should refresh your browser each time you visit the site to ensure that you access the most up to date version.
- Using the site
You agree to only use the site in a manner that complies with all applicable laws and regulations and is consistent with these Terms and does not infringe the rights of anyone else, nor restrict or inhibit their use and enjoyment of the site (including, amongst other things, by hacking). We reserve the right in our sole discretion to deny any user access to the site or any part of it without prior notice.
Where you have provided details for the members area of the site, please ensure that the details you provide us with are correct and complete and inform us immediately of any changes to the information that you provided when registering. You must make sure that you keep your password confidential. This means that you must not share your password or let anyone else access your account. Always ensure you log out of your account at the end of your session and close the web browser to avoid anyone else using it. You should inform us immediately if you have any reason to believe that your password has become known to anyone else, or if your password is being, or is likely to be, used in an unauthorised manner. We may disable any user identification code or password, whether chosen by you or allocated by us, at any time, if in our opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these Terms.
We use, store and process information about you in accordance with our Privacy and Security Policy. By using our websites, you consent to our use, storage and processing of your information in accordance with that policy.
- Website content including user-generated content
- You must not post or transmit to this website any material:-
- That is knowingly false or misleading, defamatory, illegal, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, liable to incite racial hatred, blasphemous, discriminatory, pornographic, sexually oriented, threatening or invasive of a person’s privacy;
- Which you do not own or for which you have not obtained all necessary licences and/or approvals;
- Which is technically harmful (including, amongst other things, computer viruses, logic bombs, Trojan horses, worms, harmful components, corrupted data or other malicious software or harmful data);
- Impersonating any person or entity, or falsely stating or otherwise misrepresenting your affiliation with anyone or entity;
- If you post or transmit to any of our websites any material of the type prohibited under term 6.1 above (or which otherwise results in a claim or action against us) and we incur any costs, expenses, liability or losses as a result then you agree to indemnify us for all such costs, expenses, liability and losses.
- If you post or transmit any material to any of our websites:-
- You grant us a non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty free, worldwide licence to use, highlight, comment, modify or reproduce your contributions in whole or part, in whatever form, on our websites, social media pages and other communications;
- By submitting a contribution you waive your moral rights including the right to be identified as the author of the content;
- You grant us the right to use the name that you submit in connection with that material;
- We shall be entitled to reveal your identity (or any information which we have about you) to any third party who claims that any of that material violates any of their rights or to any government or regulatory authority that is entitled or requires us to do so.
- We may remove or edit any material or posting you make on any of our websites at any time.
- You must not post or transmit to this website any material:-
- Intellectual Property Rights
- You acknowledge that all copyright, trademarks and other intellectual property rights in the website and all photographs, footage, designs, images, text, software, data and other material in the site or generated by the site are owned by us or our licensors. You are permitted to use the site and this material only as expressly authorised by us.
- You are permitted to print and download extracts from this website for your personal non-commercial use and for private study or teaching purposes, provided in each case that:-
- You acknowledge where the material came from;
- Copyright and source indications are also printed and copied;
- No modifications are made to the materials and they are not used as part of any other publication;
- Any document is printed and copied entirely and is not used in a derogatory or misleading context;
- The material is not used in a manner which may damage our reputation or otherwise be harmful to us or impair our ability to achieve our charitable objects.
- No other use of material in the website may be made without first obtaining our permission. In particular, you must not do the following unless you have first obtained our permission:-
- Incorporate any material from the site in any other work or publication, whether in hard copy or electronic form;
- Make any commercial use or publication of any material on the site.
- Any rights not expressly granted in these terms are reserved.
- The information provided in our websites is intended to provide general information only and, as such, should not be considered as a substitute for advice covering any specific situation. While we endeavour to ensure that the information on our websites is correct, we do not warrant the accuracy and completeness of that information. The material on our websites may be out of date, and we make no commitment to update such material.
- We do not warrant that the functions contained in this site will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represent full functionality, accuracy or reliability of the materials. We will not be liable for any loss, disruption or damage to your data or your computer system or any other damages (including amongst other losses, loss of profit or loss of use) arising out of your use or delay or inability to use the site, its content or any link to another web site arising in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise except in the case of death or personal injury caused by our negligence.
- We do not limit in any way our liability by law for fraud or death or personal injury caused by our negligence or breach of statutory duty or any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
- We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by us in circumstances where:-
- Loss or damage was not reasonably foreseeable to both you and us when you commenced using the site;
- Loss or damage was not caused by any breach by us;
- Loss or damage relates to business and/or non-consumers (including loss of profits, revenue, contracts, anticipated savings, data, goodwill or wasted expenditure).
- Our site may contain links to third party websites. Such links are provided for your convenience only. We do not necessarily control such websites and are not responsible for their contents. The mere inclusion of such links does not imply any endorsement of the material on those websites or any association with their operators. If you decide to access any of the third party websites linked to from this website, you do so entirely at your own risk. We cannot guarantee that these links will work all the time and we have no control over the availability of the linked pages.
- If you wish to link from your website to our site you may do so only on the basis that you link to, but do not replicate, the home page or other pages which specifically state that you can link to them, and subject to the following conditions:-
- The link must simply consist of the website address;
- You do not remove, distort or otherwise alter the size or appearance of any logos on the site;
- You do not in any way imply that we are endorsing any products or services;
- You do not misrepresent your relationship with us nor present any other false information about us;
- You do not otherwise use any Mountain Rescue trademarks displayed on our sites without our express written permission;
- You do not link from a website that is not owned by you; and
- Your website does not contain content that is distasteful, pornographic, infringes any intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person or otherwise does not comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
- At any time and at our complete discretion we reserve the right to withdraw the permission to make website links to our sites.
- If any provisions of these Terms are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any country which apply to these Terms, then so far as these Terms apply within that country in which those provisions are illegal, invalid or unenforceable, those provisions shall be severed and deleted from these Terms and the remaining provisions of these Terms shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
- If you breach these Terms and we take no action, we will still be entitled to use our rights and remedies at a later date or in any other situation where you breach these Terms.
- Events Beyond our Control
- Law, Courts and Language
We will not be liable to you for any delay in delivering any services or breach of our obligations, if the delay or breach is due to acts of God, civil commotion, riots, malicious damage, floods, drought, fire, epidemic, legislation, failure of ISP or telecommunications provider or other cause beyond our reasonable control. This does not affect your statutory rights.
These Terms, use of our sites and the supply of products and services by us are governed by and to be interpreted in accordance with English law. In the event of any dispute arising in relation to these Terms, use of our sites or in relation to the supply of any products or services by us the English courts will have jurisdiction over the dispute. These Terms and this site are provided in the English language only.
These Terms were last updated: 5th March 2014