Dec 15 2015
Team now recruiting for Trainee Operational membership / Call Out list members, for January 2016 recruitment intake.
The team has a small number of operational membership vacancies it wishes to fill in early 2016.
Please carefully read how to go about this below:
If you are interested then please apply on line using the on line initial membership application form available within the membership area of this website.
Please note membership enquiries WILL NOT be answered unless accompanied by our on line form, correctly filled in, in all parts. If you do not have access to this then please write ASAP to Team Leader, Mr V.G.Rhodes MBE, Bolton Mountain Rescue Team, 38 Heathfield Drive, Tyldesley, Manchester, M29 8PW.
If from the information you supply you are considered initially suitable then you will be invited to our four-part “Potential New Team Member” introductory induction sessions (taking place on Thursday evening 28th January, all day Saturday 30th January, Wednesday evening 3rd February and the afternoon of Saturday 6th February 2016 ).
Please note all four sessions must be attended if you wish to be considered for team membership, no exceptions will be considered.
If considered initially suitable you will be asked to complete our comprehensive membership application form.
This will be given to you on the Thursday night session to be returned to the team on the morning of the Saturday 30th January session. (Please note this comprehensive membership application form must be returned on Saturday morning, 30th January 2016, to enable you to proceed with your membership application selection on the same Saturday)
Combined with our assessment of you on the Thursday evening, all day Saturday, Wednesday evening and Saturday afternoon sessions, if the details you submit on this comprehensive membership application form then match our current recruitment needs and criteria, you will be invited to join as a probationary team member for a short period, commencing on Wednesday evening, 17th February 2016, leading to a twelve month long trainee team membership, and then full operational team membership if considered suitable.
We will only accept recruits from a proven experienced hill walking and/or climbing and/or mountaineering background, we would also look favourably upon those colleagues retired or currently serving in other Emergency Services, but they must still be able to meet our stringent attendance requirements.
Our minimum age for recruitment is 18 years old, as regards our upper age limit, well we have a small number of very active call out list members in their mid 60s.
There are more details on what is required within the membership section of this website, again accessed above.
- It is a membership requirement aside from holiday, illness, close family commitments or occasional evening / shift working, to be able to attend all weekly Wednesday evening training sessions.
- There are also very regular weekend fundraising commitments, some additional training events and standby rescue covers, Sundays feature in many of these commitments.
- On the working week, there are opportunities to attend and assist at lectures to interested parties about the work of the team.
- The requirement to attend emergency call outs is of course paramount and our reason for being, therefore if you have other commitments which may conflict with this requirement please consider very carefully if you can still commit to the team.
- Team issue clothing is only given out to new members after a minimum six month long period of team membership, so any prospective team member must have a full set of standard outdoor clothing.
- Prospective members must have personal access to a motorised vehicle. Members may be required to travel directly to incidents and other team activities anywhere in the team area.
- All interested persons are advised to read through our ’News’ section to obtain a comprehensive idea of what being in the team is all about before rushing into making a membership application.
If interested act now as delay may disappoint. Click here to read further and apply online.
The recruitment application process takes place via email, with a need for you to confirm your attendance at the sessions by post.
The closing date for all returns is Monday 25th January 2016.